Why Teachers and Students Should be Friends (as told from a student)


I'm a 12 (almost 13) year old in grade 7 and in my opinion, everybody should be friends. Life's too short to hold grudges, especially with someone who you work with 5 days out of the week. The relationship between students and teachers is an important one and I believe that the ability to work together is a crucial skill. 

Here's the problem; as a society it is common to look at school as something to hate and something to fear. People look at school as a prison, not a privilege. School teaches us about what we want to do and who we want to become. When the majority of kids (myself included) wake up in the morning, we don't want to go to school. Why? It's because school doesn't truly engage us. If teachers and students were friends, we would wake up ready for school. Spending a day with your friend sounds great, doesn't it?

This is where Blue Sky School comes in. We work towards learning that engages students and has a friendly atmosphere. No more hatred of school. When you wake up, you should feel as though school doesn't start early enough.

Those are my opinions and I'd like to hear yours. I want to hear what you have to say and let me know what (however small) motivates you to go to school every day. You can let us know in the comment section of this blog. Thanks for reading and 'till next time. 

-Hari (Blue Sky School Student Advisor)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thought and Emotions are like Snowballs by Bella

My Learning Brain by Charlotte

What’s that Blob in my Skull? by Jaden