Laughs For Hope Funny Fundraising- by Jackson Knox

Laughs4Hope


I struggled in traditional school on account of my poor mental health. I have something called a mood
disorder, which means I have signs of depression and anxiety, but not enough for a proper diagnosis.


On top of that, I wasn’t good at math, or art, or science. I was only good at one thing: making people
laugh. I remember getting in trouble four or five times a day because I was entertaining my friends. But
it felt good to make people happy. That’s why when I came to Blue Sky School, I wanted to do a stand-up
comedy show. Of course, I had no idea how, but it was my dream.


I wanted to help people. I wanted to make their night better by doing what I loved. So, I teamed up with
learners Grace and Madison to make Laughs4Hope.


Laughs4Hope is a performance based fundraiser for charity. This year, we’re fundraising for the Youth
Services Bureau, an organization that provides counselling to youth in need. I picked the YSB because
they’ve helped my entire family with mental health issues. They’re amazing people.


So come and support Blue Sky School and the Youth Services Bureau at Laughs4Hope!


95 Denzil Doyle Ct.
March 6th
5:30pm

Please feel free to RSVP and share our Eventbrite page: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/laughs4hope-fundraiser-tickets-57065405163

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What’s that Blob in my Skull? by Jaden

Important People in Suits Talking About Canada (Political Debate) - by Kiara

My Learning Brain by Charlotte